The Uninvited Guests began as a trio project. Since our first performance, various musicians have been asked to fill in as "invited guests." Over time, the group shed its trio format and became a revolving improvisational ensemble whose only static member was that of bassist Carlos Santistevan. Before long, bands were being curated for specific shows and the artists generally performed with little or no rehearsal at all. To date, over 20 musicians have been guests and the group has varied from trios to septets.
The music on this CD represents a chronological documentation of The Uninvited Guests live performances. Each track is an excerpt - a partial document - from a show that featured a particular lineup. All performances were in Santa Fe, NM.
released July 21, 2014
1. Aztec Cafe, 4-27-2002: Tom Brejcha (horns), Al Faaet (drums), Carlos Santistevan (doublebass). Recorded to cassette 4-track by Carlos Santistevan
2. Cinema Cafe, 4-03-2003: Chris Jonas (sax), J.A. Dino Deane (live sampling), Al Faaet (drums), Carlos Santistevan (electric upright bass). Recorded by Max Friedenberg
3. Bar B, 6-02-2004: Ultraviolet (turntables), Jeremy Bleich (electric bass), Milton Villarrubia (drums), Carlos Santistevan (electric upright bass). Recorded by Max Friedenberg.
4. Bar B, 7-21-2004: Joshua Smith (sax, electronics, melodica), Dave Wayne (drums), Carlos Santistevan (electric upright bass, electronics). Recorded by Stephen Schmidt.
5. High Mayhem Studio, 1-14-2005: Chris Jonas (sax), Al Faaet (drums), Yozo Suzuki (guitar), Carlos Santistevan (electric upright bass). Recorded by Max Freidenberg.
All tracks mixed by Carlos Santistevan
All tracks mastered by Q!
CD release limited to 500 hand printed, numbered CD's.
Some rights reserved. Please refer to individual track pages for license info.
High MayhemSanta Fe, New Mexico
High Mayhem Emerging Arts has been an oasis for creativity in the desert of the Southwest since
This record label documents the artists that make up High Mayhem in addition to representing the touring artists we've hosted through our numerous festivals, series, shows, and pirate video broadcasts.
An underrepresented scene of diverse talent thrives....more